This position can be remote (WORK FROM HOME) JOB TITLE: Software Engineer/ ETL Developer REPORTS TO: Manager Application Support and ETL Development DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services FLSA STATUS: Exempt Summary Description Provide program design, coding, testing, documentation and maintenance for healthcare related software programs, specifically as it relates to ETL/EDI data exchanges. Accountabilities
- Provide program design, coding, testing, and production implementation of ETL/EDI data exchanges.
- Assist in researching and documenting user requirements and system specifications.
- Design and develop complex program logic addressing specific programming needs.
- Maintain, adapt, and update existing systems to meet user requirements and to enhance program efficiency.
- Translate solutions provided by system designers into detailed system and program design specifications.
- Analyze, evaluate and modify existing or proposed systems and related devices.
- Modify and document program code to correct errors or to enhance program capabilities.
- Create and troubleshoot program code for existing applications using KEPRO selected software development tools
- Ensure data processes are performing efficiently and are using best practices, standards, and guidelines
- Capable of completing lifecycle documentation and maintenance for newly created and existing software programs including changes that reflect new user requirements and error corrections/bugs discovered after testing phase
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or an approved related field, or an equivalent combination in education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in the use of SQL and MS Office.
- Proficient in data warehouse development with ETL Tools such as Informatica and SSIS
- Proficiency working in databases including SQL Server and Oracle
- Good working knowledge of relational databases.
- Familiarity with development methodologies and guidelines.
- Good understanding of the development process and its components.
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry.
- Ability to program, test, and debug new and existing software systems.
- Ability to read and write technical documentation.
- Ability to read and write queries in SQL language.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skill for effective verbal communication to explain technical concepts to non-technical internal/external customers.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute both as an individual and a team member to achieve the goals of the team.
- Adapt to flexible work hours
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, creative, inquisitive, persistent, and self-motivated
- Ability to organize, plan and implement work assignments, juggle competing demands and work under pressure of frequent and tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience in related field.
- Experience with healthcare data preferred.
- Experience with business and system requirements.
- Experience handling multiple priorities
Mental and Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must have the ability to tread and interpret data and complex information; function in a team environment; sit for extended periods of time; may be required to work odd and unusual hours, including designated holidays, and to be available on an on-call basis; key and/or control objects; occasionally lift and/or transport objects weighing up to 25 pounds; communicate effectively with internal and external customers; and travel in and out-of-state.
Equal Opportunity Employer