The Threat Modeling Center is responsible for the development and delivery of high fidelity threat modeling products in support of MDA and MDA's Ballistic Missile Defense System. This position requires a junior-level software development engineer with experience in software design and development. Primary responsibilities include: designing, developing, maintaining, and testing code used for modeling and simulation of ballistic missile and aircraft models in support of MDA Ballistic Missile Defense System events. This is a technical software-orientated position.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* 2 Years with Bachelor's Degree; 0 Years with Masters or 6 years of Software development experience in lieu of a degree
* Active DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI
* Bachelor of Science in an engineering discipline or related education with at least 4 years of recent software development experience
* Strong background in C/C++ and/or JAVA programming on LINUX and Windows platforms
* Must be self-motivated, able to work in a dynamic team environment
* Able to produce reliable software products, documentation and automated unit test within established deadlines
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Modeling, Simulation, and automation experience a plus
* Strong math, physics or engineering background is preferred
* Knowledge of the flight characteristics, motion, atmospheric dynamics, and missile performance parameters necessary to model ballistic missiles is highly desirable
* Software troubleshooting and code optimization experience is highly desirable
* Previous experience with modernization of legacy applications is highly desirable
* Working knowledge of agile development methodologies is highly desirable
* Previous experience with Atlassian products (JIRA, Confluence) is highly desirable
* Previous experience identifying and resolving cybersecurity issues through use of static code analysis tools such as HP Fortify is highly desirable
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.