Position: 6 Months contract (possible of extension and conversion)
- Experience in the cable industry
- Knowledge of C/C++ or Java
- Containerization and orchestration tools (Chef, Saltstack, etc.)
- Database design using MySQL and InnoDB
- Experience with TR069, SOAP, etc.
- Work on a team of Engineers and Developers responsible for implementation, testing, and documentation of software designed to deliver new product offerings to customers and advanced product intelligence information to business stakeholders.
- This team provides API services that integrate within other internal IT systems, and build custom logic to set parameters on customer premise devices.
Job duties will include:
- Building RESTful HTTP APIs
- Operationalizing software (log rotation, startup/shutdown/maintenance scripts, etc.)
- Work with source control tools such as Git
- Develop object-oriented applications
- Work with high speed data infrastructure including DOCSIS, PacketCable, and device provisioning models.
- Work with software interaction with message brokers such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, MQ Series
- Packaging and deploying software using RPM and apt
- Work with containerization and orchestration tools (Chef, Saltstack, etc.)
- Work with Lua (including Lua C API) and JRuby
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Solaris operating systems
- Database design, deployment, and tuning using MySQL and InnoDB