TEKsystems is looking for a developer to join a company who is the leading provider of environmental air monitoring software for electric utilities in the United States. They have been in business for over 50 years, have a stable business model and have continued to stay profitable through several economic downturns. They are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join their team in Pensacola, FL. This is a direct hire opportunity!
As a Software Engineer, You will:
- Build new applications with a consistent framework to insure testability and maintainability.
- Work collaboratively with developers and product owners to decompose requirements into actionable tasks and insure timely features delivery.
- Create technical design specifications and work with QA to align understanding of requirements in user stories and to develop system test plans.
- Design and implement proof of concepts/components when required.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- 3+ years of experience developing software systems using C# and .NET Framework
- 2+ years SQL and relational database design or experience developing .NET applications with an RDBMS
- 2+ years basic development experience in WPF desktop applications. MVVM frameworks such as Caliburn Micro or Prism is a plus
- Good understanding of SOLID principles and how to develop clean, object-oriented, error-tolerant code using TDD and a unit testing framework such as MSTest, NUnit, and XUnit
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with source control tools such as Git
- Experience with continuous integration, build processes and deployment tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Teamcity, Octopus Deploy, etc. is a plus
- Familiar with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is a plus
- Experience with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and ADO Entities is a plus
- Good team player, hungry and self-starter that can work well in a team environment
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.