The Lead Software Engineer will be participating in developing breakthrough manufacturing technologies for space and terrestrial spin-offs.
The Lead Software Engineer is involved in every facet of developing software solutions such as tracking complex movement of parts, manufacturing payload and spacecraft assemblies, and communicating with payloads and free flying spacecraft during a mission.
The Lead Software Engineer will engage with management and other engineers to discover the needs of the mission and write highly reliable software. The Lead Software Engineer is responsible for the complete life-cycle of the software you create, including development, testing, and support.Top Skills Details
- Languages: C/C++ and Python
- OS: Linux mostly but others will be used as well
- Development Environment: Mainly Visual Studio but Arduino
- Strong interest in field of aeronautics/astronautics - exhibit excitement about space
- 8 Years work experience
- Programming language: Strong C/C++ background
- Strong demonstrated use of Python
- Experienced in real-world input/output (sensors and motors)
- Interpretive languages (Cython, Shell, Batch, etc.)
- UI experience (for front end applicants)
- Familiarity with network protocols such as TCP/IP
- Background in computational geometry
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Lack of communication and collaboration skills
- Unwilling to mentor and aid other engineers
- Coming from a manufacturing or support environment and not a development environment
- Not being up to date with recent experience and technologies
- Able and willing to mentor and support software engineers with less experience
- Strong sense of collaboration and communication with team to complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple projects of various sizes at a time
- Be able to create software solutions in C++ from scratch with minimum errors
- Proficient in testing their own software as well as the software of their peers
- Proficient in UI development for front end applications
The best software engineer will be familiar with the space or aeronautical field and will be able to provide creative solutions behind the system communication and complex movement tracking software.
The average candidate will be from a highly regulated industry in an R+D role.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.