The Principal Software Engineer responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with mechanical and electrical systems.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and wide range of products.
- Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
- Work in Agile teams using Agile methodology running Sprints, Scrums, etc.
- Provide leadership in all phases of firmware design and development of innovative products through technical planning, execution, test and evaluation.
- Hands on firmware development as well as strong hardware design, hardware bring up and debug knowledge.
- Hands on in the lab and design or debug of electronic circuits/boards
- Lead New Product Development through all phase of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Support sustaining and released product engineering work like End-of-life electronic part replacement or board replacement design, development and troubleshooting
- Ensure that products meet all FDA and international requirements for medical products
- Resolve customer issues through troubleshooting and experiments
- Work with test engineers to design and/or drive testing methods and to assure products meet requirements for performance and safety
- Support regression analysis with the associated required documentation
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's Degree in Software or Electrical or Computer engineering or related science discipline and minimum of 7 years relevant experience (or advanced degree in Engineering / Science discipline noted above with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience).
- Minimum 7 years of Firmware / Embedded Software development experience using these Skills, Languages, Tools, Platforms & Methodologies.
- C/C++ expertise within embedded programming framework and development environment
- SW Design and Architecture with focus on Embedded Design
- Modern MCU Concepts, MCU Peripherals, HW/SW Interfaces
- Real-Time & Embedded Programming vs. Application Programing
- RTOS Concepts and designing with RTOS or bare-metal
- Object Oriented Programming concepts and experience
- Good understanding of design controls and regulatory compliance.
- Experience with technical documentation in a regulated industry
- Prior work in a regulated environment and medical device development experience following development standards and processes
- Clear Understanding of regulatory requirements with Regulatory Affairs partners, regulatory strategy, product intent and launch strategy
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and initiative in accomplishing objectives
- Familiarity with Agile methodology & Version Control
- Understands DSP, Digital and Analog HW/SW concepts
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and datasheets
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.