Software Engineer Overview:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Software Engineer for an opportunity in Phoenix, AZ. As part of our web engineering team, this role will work directly on the company's website. This is a fullstack role with an emphasis on UI development.
- Design, code, and debug an enterprise system's entire suite of components.
- Works on all phases of a system's development life cycle with an emphasis on analyzing complex business and technical problems to shape and deliver clean and highly maintainable code.
- Helps ensure that the development process and resultant systems adhere to the standards set forth by senior development staff.
- Proactively identifies problems with requirements (lack of clarity, inconsistencies, technical limitations) for their own work and adjacent work and communicates these issues early to help course-correct.
- Communicates technical decision through design docs, tech talks, and wiki articles.
- Communicates effectively cross-departments with Product, Design, Analytics, etc. as necessary.
- Delivers complex product to QA that they believe to be well thought out and bug free.
- Mentors junior engineers through pairing, design review and code review.
- Contributes frequently to sprint demo reviews and retrospectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or two years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years relevant experience in software development, information systems, or equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in the development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in heterogeneous environments/architectures for multi-user systems
- Expert level knowledge of agile software development methodologies, Service Oriented Architecture and object-oriented programming methodologies
- Expert in software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Required Technical Skills:
- 6 + years as hands-on software engineer in a production environment
- 3+ years with Unix/Linux and one of the many shells
- 3+ years using source control (GIT preferred)
- 3+ years with AngularJS or ReactJS required (ReactJS preferred)
- 2+ years with Java in an enterprise environment
- Spring or similar framework
- Experience writing unit tests (Jest or Jasmine)
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and listening communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Excellent knowledge of software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong leadership skills
Preferred Technical Skills:
- UI/UX design experience
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban workflows
- Knowledge of SEO
- Passion for writing accessible websites
- Familiar with build tools and continuous integration (Gulp/Grunt, Jenkins)
- Working knowledge of Webpack 3
- AWS knowledge/certification is a plus
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.