SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CAMBRIDGE, MA
Our client in the Aerospace and Aviation industry is seeking an experienced software engineer to work within a world-class team designing, developing, and flight-testing high-integrity and mission-critical onboard software for UAV systems.
The Aerospace Software Engineer will design and develop frameworks, interfaces, and high-performance code in C/C++ to enable innovative and reliable autonomy on fully robotic aerial vehicles, including a flying taxi, highly agile small drones, and large high-endurance drones. The software targets real-time operating systems running on x86 and ARM processors.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to design and develop mission-critical software for prototype and pre-production UAV systems.
- Work with systems engineers to understand CONOPS and then iteratively develop requirements, architectures and designs.
- Lead very small teams of 3-5 engineers to implement, unit/integration test, and field test the software solutions.
- Take ownership of software design, development, and testing, driving toward a robust solution to customer problems.
- B.S., and preferably M.S., in either Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent discipline.
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills, explore new domains, and continuously push beyond the comfort zone.
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, or equivalent high-integrity software processes, including agile methods such as Scrum.
- Experience programming (or equivalent deep expertise) in a systems software language such as C/C++ or Java.
- Strong knowledge of a prototyping language, such as Python.
- Experience designing and implementing real-time embedded software and complex algorithms in constrained environments.
- Experience designing and implementing reliable communication frameworks.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.