We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Software Engineer to join our team at Edwards Air Force Base, California to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will develop and sustain web based software applications to drive the efficiency of flight test operations.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design, create, and maintain database systems utilizing some or all of the following database technologies: Oracle 11/12.
- Possess advanced level knowledge and experience with software and system engineering lifecycle and tools including requirements development, requirements management, design/modeling, implementation, testing, deployment, configuration management, and software sustainment.
- Possess experience and knowledge with PC operating systems and productivity software including: Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Word, and Windows.
- Develop software solutions to business problems. May define and develop system and software architecture frameworks.
- Follow the software and system engineering lifecycle processes and provide recommendations for improving the processes. May define and develop software and system engineering lifecycle processes.
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to ensure developed software solutions meet stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Manage schedule, quality and technical solution on assigned projects in coordination with project leadership. May oversee schedule, quality, and technical solution performance of subordinate staff when applicable.
- Provide recommendations for improvement to technology infrastructure. May lead/influence the evolution of the technology infrastructure through the application of visionary thinking and technical
- Mentor Junior staff.
- May act as team leader.Requirements
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and 10 years of relevant work experience
Secret security clearance or ability to obtain a Secret security clearance is required
Possession of a valid driver's license
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.