Software Engineer (Java)
Marietta, GA 30067
12-Month Contract (W-2)
As a Software Engineer, you will be developing a brand new tax exemption feature within a financial tax application for a Fortune 30 Retail company. You will be working alongside collaborative teams in an extreme programming / pair programming setting to develop and design cloud-based (GCP, PCF), custom full-stack applications. This team is always working with innovative technologies, so you will have the opportunity to build applications utilizing your creativity and technical expertise to make decisions on the design of the app. You will see the product through its entire lifecycle from design to production developing the back-end in a test-driven development (TDD) environment.
- Responsible for programming and customizing services within the Google Cloud that will directly impact 10,000+ business end-users utilizing the tax application.
- Take business requirements and develop the total technical design for assigned projects and ensure proper usage as part of the design efforts in building a system to be put into production
- Conduct appropriate test reviews on assigned projects as necessary and present findings and offer solutions to management
- Back-end development experience is most important for this role
- 1-3+ years of experience coding in Java with Spring Boot
- Front-end development experience with React would be preferred, but not required.
- Modern development exposure/experience required in an Agile environment developing a product through the entire development lifecycle
- Experience with cloud management platforms such as Cloud Foundry, Google Cloud, or AWS is preferred
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree
Our client is working in a true Agile, paired programming environment working with the best open-source technologies on the market. They do all IT in-house, so they have a great track record of growth and development of their employees. As a Fortune 30 leader, our client is looking for self-motivated individuals who have the eagerness to learn and join one of the largest retail juggernauts in the industry currently. Casual work environment with flex hours and free onsite parking.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This is an immediate opening, so submit your resume with your updated contact information now!
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.