Software Engineer - Colorado Springs, CO
**Must Be Eligible For a Clearance**
This role is open within a leader in the DoD industry. The Threat Modeling Center is looking for additional support within their Specialized Warfighter Development Contract. You will be directly working with Ballistic Missile Defense systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including analysis, design, code, test, integration, maintenance
- Experience in the use of the UML, and tools such as Magic Draw
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented software development
- Experience with the Linux operating system and development tools (e.g. GDB, DDD, vi/emacs, GNUMake, etc)
- Development skills with C++ and/or Java
- Experience with software development of models and simulations
- Experience with CM and process tools (e.g. Git, Jira, etc)
- Experience working both independently and in a team environment
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Currently possess a DoD Secret clearance
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Experience in engineering modeling and simulation systems using an optimistic parallel discrete event simulation (OP-DES) platform
- Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience in User Interface (UI) design and implementation with Java
- Experience in leading design and development of user stories
- Experience in software architecture
- Experience in software process automation including Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Experience in Linux scripting (Perl, Bash, Python, etc)
- Knowledge/experience in User Experience (UX) design and research
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following: missile defense systems, space-based sensor systems, Theater Event System, infrared sensors, tactical communication systems
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.