Our client, a growing research firm engaged in Department of Defense (DoD) and other scientific research, including modeling and simulation, net-centric applications, and cyber security, is currently seeking Software Engineers to join their team. This specific project/program solves the Air Force's need for tools and techniques which enable the rapid cyber assessment of avionics components by providing a plug and play appliance, to help understand and mitigate cyber risks to the aviation ecosystem, using the Vfortified Instrumented Bus Reliability Activity Net Tracker (VIBRANT) against validated cyber threats for aircraft avionic and mission systems.
- Use a combination of existing and developing technologies to solve real-world problems
- Perform full lifecycle software engineering, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and testing, including associated documentation
- Develop software targeted towards scientific and/or military/public sector applications, with focus on object-oriented software and net-centric application development
- Work in a collaborative, team focused environment
- Bachelor of Science (or BA) degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Relevant experience in a Systems Engineering / Software System Architecture environment
- 5+ years experience and proficiency in Java, C++, or C#; also, experience in Python desired
- Ability to qualify (post employment) for a US DoD Security Clearance or already have one
- Cyber Security concepts
- Machine Learning
- Knowledge of or experience with Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Software development experience on both Windows and Linux platforms
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.