As a Mid-level Software Engineer, you will work on projects for business-critical, Health Management client-facing applications with one of our enterprise-level clients in the health insurance space. Joining a team of 8-10 software engineers, you will work in a Java/Spring environment to develop batch applications, develop web services, enhance and support existing web applications, and administer (troubleshoot and triage). In this Agile environment, you will need to move quickly, diligently and pay extreme attention to detail. This project will also give you solid experience in insurance, which is one of our oldest national industries.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
• Program in a Java environment with Spring and MVC frameworks
• Support real-time customer-facing mobile and web applications
• Understand the health insurance industry as it relates to claims applications
• Communicate appropriately and clearly with team members on the project as well as mid and senior level engineers under the claims applications umbrella
• Team player
• Strong work ethic and grit
• Passion for technology and your role
• Bachelor's Degree in CS or equivalent work experience
Company Info and perks:
The largest provider of healthcare benefits in Alabama, our client covers more than 3 million people and employs more than 3,000. With flex hours, on-site cafeteria, wellness center and gym, you expect a stable, motivational environment. If you're looking for training, education, and mentorship-level support; stability in your career; and exposure to core technologies to give your skillset a backbone, this opportunity is for you!
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.