Our client describes themselves as having a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives our client is making a real difference in our world.
Their products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
This team is looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Software Engineer will work on project teams to provide a broad range of software development expertise for various applications. The candidate will be responsible for several software engineering life cycle processes including requirements gathering, analysis, design, programming, debugging, unit testing, of new development and sustaining of existing applications.
This position includes involvement with the customer, project hardware development team, and subcontractors.
Responsibilities include planning and tracking your own work schedules as well as those of the technical team.
- New application development for ATAC plugins
- Device integration to system, including protocol conversions and translations to Integrated Sensor Architecture (ISA)
- Aggregating data from different sensors, developing intelligent ways to understand data
As the product has already gone through some development, a large responsibility of this candidate will include being able to find and work to understand issues within code already written, and analytically work through how to rectify and patch this.
-BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years of significant experience in software development
- Java, Java 8 (C# or .Net potentially acceptable)
- Comfortable with multi-threaded programming and debugging
- Entity framework/SQL experience
- Risk Management Framework
- Demonstrated systems integration experience (integrating existing technology into a specific platform)
- Protocol and communications development for network and serial devices. Device interface translation experience. Communications protocols and embedded software architectures
- Ability to define system requirements and detailed system specifications given a loosely defined concept.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans and schedule and to track and update same during the life of a project.
- Rapid prototype/concept development skills.
- Ability to overcome challenges and make trade-offs between an ideal solution and what is possible.
- Demonstrated ability to define a vision for software solutions and lead implementation through an agile development process
- Experience with software configuration management (version control)
- Solid understanding of software security practices
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with Android customization and sensor integration, Linux/Linux Ubuntu OS acceptable
- Strong client interactions skills
- Ability to work within a geographically and organizationally disperse team
- Knowledgeable of DOD system engineering processes and experience leading teams to meet associated technical review entrance / exit criteria
- Knowledgeable of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and associated requirements applicable for developing and fielding a new product for DOD missions
• Experience with Python and other embedded software tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
• Comfortable working with electro-mechanical components and systems
• Built in test development and scenario simulation implementation experience preferred.
- Government Integrated Sensor Architecture (ISA) Framework experience
- Travel to customer and subcontractor sites will be required
**Must be eligible to obtain a security clearance **
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.