Software Engineer Description: Qualifications: Intangibles: Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities 20%- Support & Enablement: 20%- Learning:
Austin, TX (North)
12 month contract with option of hire/extension
The Software Engineer is responsible for joining a product team and contributing to the software design, software development/configuration, and overall product lifecycle for a product that our users love. The engineering process is highly collaborative and Software Engineers are expected to pair on a daily basis as they work through user stories and support products as they evolve.
Software Engineers may be involved in product configuration performing 3rd party configuration and set-up activities using specific company process techniques, integration, design and development. The role could interface with Business Stakeholders, Technology Infrastructure teams and Development teams to ensure that business requirements are properly configured within a software package.
The role may also be involved in performance tuning, testing and product monitoring.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a part of a team with more experienced engineers to help build and grow your skills while you create, support, and deploy production applications.
Typically reports to the Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
• Preferred Qualifications 2-3 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in object oriented programming-Java is required
• Exposure to modern web application framework-Spring Boot is required
• Exposure to version control systems (preferable Git)
• Exposure to NoSQL databases
• Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Delivers Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
• Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
• Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
• Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
• Self Development: Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using formal and informal development channels
• Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
60%- Delivery & Execution:
• Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
• Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases.
• Writes custom code or scripts to do destructive testing to ensure adequate resiliency in production
• Program configuration/modification and setup activities on large projects using HD approved methodology
• Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
• Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
• Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
• Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams Provides application support for software running in production
• Proactively monitors production
• Service Level Objectives for products
• Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
• Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
• Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
• Nature and Scope Reports to a Software Engineer Manager or Sr Manager.
• This position has no direct reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
20%- Support & Enablement:
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.