- Knowledge of and experience with object-oriented programming in languages such as C/C++ or Java.
- Proficiency developing software on Windows and Red Hat and/or similar Linux systems.
- Ability to work independently under regular direction as part of an engineering team.
- Support software development activities, execute technical tasks throughout the software development lifecycle, research new technologies, and adhere to best practices based on customer requirements and goals.
- Support Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) and LVC training through the development of software utilizing Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), High-Level Architecture (HLA) or similar protocols
- Work with the SW engineering team to develop and/or integrate software components for application development, and conduct unit testing to ensure all unit-level requirements are satisfied.
- Duties will include executing all levels of testing and validation events as well as the test and build process to ensure that developed/integrated software components function and interoperate as required within and between systems.
- Flight simulation, aircraft systems and distributed simulation.
- Computer graphics (OpenGL or DirectX), networking and the GIT version control system.
- F-16, F-22, F-35 OFP systems and avionics.
- Secure software development processes based from the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Containerization and virtualization.