This client is a team of leading fulfillment and distribution center specialists with expertise in system integration, innovative software solutions and specialized equipment. They are currently looking for a Software Engineer at their Columbus, OH headquarters.
- Provide customer support to help assist with operational and system issues
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation
- Up to 20% travel to support customer implementations
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks in multiple projects simultaneously
- Review existing code and make required modifications
- Submit all designs and code modifications for peer review
- Write, maintain and execute test plans
*Systems are 70-80% platform based (standard model) and 20-30% client customization with added features
*Candidates will be doing remote diagnosis and working with customers over the phone more than in person
They are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, intelligent individuals with a 'Can Do' attitude that are willing to learn and grow within the company. The successful candidate are expected to be relatively inexperienced, either have just earned their degree or having only a year or two of professional experience. They will be expected to work and communicate closely with their more experienced team members on a frequent and regular basis.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing software applications
- Familiar with distributed systems
- Prefer experience with C and Python development
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.