Software Engineer (Jr-Mid) Responsibilities Minimum Qualifiactions:
As a Software Engineer, you will be working on an Agile team for our Private Aviation Client here in Columbus, OH. As the Java Software Developer, you will be on a team that is involved in a project focusing on the #1 initiative in the company, which involves moving Human Resources data into a cloud-based software. As the Software Engineer you will be touching many technologies, and experience with Java, REST API's, and Groovy is a must (Grails is the preferred framework). If you have at least 2 years of experience with Java and the languages listed below, a strong understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, and a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related), please keep reading and apply!
• Gather business requirements for proposed applications
• Design application and database components for development projects
• Maintain and modify existing applications; makes approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic and coding changes
• Assist in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required
• Work on applications that deal with plane maintenance, travel accommodations, and online services.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science (or related)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in modern Services Development frameworks, specifically:
o Groovy (Grails framework is preferred)
o API microservices/REST services
• Strong understanding of SDLC and object-oriented programming
• Experience with the following languages is a plus:
o Node.js, Angular.js, React.js
o Ruby on Rails
o AWS and Docker
• Demonstrated strong logical technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.