Location: Kirkland, WA
The Physical Security Engineering in Kirkland with our partners in Sunnyvale is building a complete new software stack to improve security of our physical office sites. This stack starts with sensor data coming from doors, proximity, badges, lidar, and video. Next is the services that help us manage the large real time data and events from the sensors.
The Physical Security Engineering team is on a mission to keep our fellow workers safe and secure at work, and to do so while maintaining our cultural values and open work environments, we are looking for talented and motivated engineers who can help us accelerate our roadmap.
The Software Engineering tasks would include creating detailed test suites for multiple types of tests, executing software and hardware related manual tests, use in-house tools to track results, follow up issues to closure, provide detailed status reports, interact with the engineering team in CYD/KIR; help scope and identify needs.
The ideal candidate should be a fast learner, able to work independently and able to execute tasks ranging from manual user interface tests to building test tools and infrastructure of moderate complexity under the guidance of a full time engineer.
Top 3 skills:
- Proficiency in programming languages C, C++ and Java
- Familiarity with the testing world - has built and tested functionality and integration of a tool/infrastructure
- Previous experience with building infrastructure, i.e. a skilled programmer!
7+ years of experience in the software development industry.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience preferred.
- Software development experience with the following two programming languages required: C, C++ and Java.
- Excellent communication skills is required.
- Proven experience providing daily reports, including clear and concise information.
- Proven track record of executing test cases and reporting results.
- Proven experience identifying issues and providing detailed information on findings.
- Able to multitask and desire to expand areas of expertise.
- Proven experience in the automation of a variety of testing types, including but not limited to UI, Hardware, E2E.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!