Job Title: Software Engineer
Duration: 06+ month(s)
Location:4101 Washington Ave Newport News, VA 23607
Huntington Ingalls Industries/ Newport News Shipbuilding
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Problem Solving
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
This position is needed for Software Configuration Management
- Candidates submitted must have the following experience:
- Software functional requirements.
- Software testing and documentation.