SOFTWARE ENGINEER, ENDICOTT, NEW YORK
Our client, who is one of the largest global Defense companies, is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to support embedded projects in their Endicott, NY location.
This client has a worldwide presence as a leading defense, aerospace and security company. They deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services.
- Will be operating in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle. However, this is a new program, so there will be a focus on beginning of Software Development
- Will be working with Systems and Hardware Engineers to translate business needs and customer requirements into technical solutions.
- Will be developing software individually and as part of a team for real time embedded electronics solutions for high integrity and safety critical applications.
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or another related technical field.
- Embedded Software development in C and/or Assembly programming languages.
- Experience with higher level programming & scripting languages, such as JAVA, Perl, Matlab & Simulink etc.
- Low level Software Development, such as:
o Device Firmware
o Device Drivers
o BIOS Development
o Processor Support Packages (PSP)
o Board Support Packages (BSP)
o Operating System Development
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SECURITY CLEARANCE
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.