As the Software Engineer for one of Brooksource's largest Auto and Property and Casualty insurance clients in Birmingham, AL you will be responsible for integrating and consolidating systems within the Customer Experience-Integration Team. As the software engineer, 4+ years of Java backend and SQL database experience is required. Additionally, any previous experience with SOAP or REST is preferred. If you are interested, please keep reading and apply!
- Maintaining legacy code and developing new application integrations
- Modifying existing applications
- Interacting with business users and occasionally performing demonstrations and feedback sessions
- Innovation around technologies and best practices
- 4+ years of software development full time experience (prefer Java, but will consider C#)
- 3 years backend integration experience with SQL, REST, SOAP, JMS, file processing
- Spring and Springboot
- MyBatis or Hibernate
- Unit testing: junit, mockito
- Ability to pair/mentor other team members and work independently
- Coachable: Willing to learn and use new frameworks, techniques, tools and follow company standards
- Bonus: Experience with Microsoft Dynamics, Azure or AWS
- Bachelor's degree required
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.