We are currently hiring Software / Systems Engineers to join our team in Alexandria, VA to support the development of advanced electro optic / infra-red (EOIR) sensor technologies, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML) capabilities for US Army manned and unmanned ground vehicle platforms.
The Next Generation Combat Vehicle (NGCV) program is a priority for the US Army Futures Command and is at the forefront of the Army's modernization initiatives. As a Software / Systems Engineer with DCS, you will work with the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command (CCDC) Command, Control, Communication, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) Center to modernize the Army's fleet of ground combat vehicles and provide advanced sensor technologies that will increase performance of large scale robotic ground vehicles and reduce crew workload of manned ground vehicle platforms.
- You will work with cross functional teams to understand vehicle architectures, including network topology, subsystem component relationships, and subsystem component interfaces required to develop, integrate, and test Automated Target Recognition (AiTR) and sensor subsystems onto both manned ground vehicle platforms and unmanned ground vehicle platforms.
- You will support development of Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities that will reduce operator workload, including the development of Automated Target Recognition (AiTR) algorithms.
- You will configure and maintain the C5ISR System Integration Lab (SIL) at Fort Belvoir, VA to perform hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) functional, performance, and integration testing for the AiTR and sensor subsystem. For sensor and AiTR subsystem components where hardware is not available, you will configure the SIL to use representative subsystem component simulations.
- You will work with the CCDC Ground vehicle Systems Center (GVSC) to negotiate and validate subsystem interfaces between the AiTR and sensor subsystem and other vehicle subsystems.
- You will provide onsite support at customer and US Army facilities where you will load, configure, and maintain AiTR and sensor subsystem software in System Integration Labs (SILs) and manned / robotic ground vehicle platforms in support of military exercises and field demonstrations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years preferred of C++ programming experience with a strong emphasis on object-oriented programming (OOP).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent customer interaction
- Independent thinker, proven problem solver, and troubleshooter
- Real-Time Embedded development experience highly preferred
- Experience programming in a Linux and Windows OS environments
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.