Software Engineer - Warren, MI
Aerotek's client is hiring for software engineers to help stand up a modeling and simulation effort for the US Military. The development will be supporting the MPE-Simulator (MUM-T Platform Enablers Simulator) MUM-T is Manned-Unmanned Teaming.
- The simulator will enable the development and testing of autonomous behaviors and human-autonomy interactions.
- Simulator itself will be a set of crewstations accommodating up to 6 operator stations
- Responsible for integrating the WMI software with any vehicle autonomy software as well as the Unreal Engine-based simulation software.
- The integration team will likely work closely with the M&S team to quickly come up to speed on the UE4-based simulation software architecture as well as the vehicle autonomy / WMI architecture.
- Potentially, there could also be some plugin development as needed.
- There may be hardware interface code that will need to get developed (steering / pedals / joysticks, etc).
- C++, Java, or C# Object Oriented Programming/Design
- Experience working within Linux platform is a must
- Knowledge in multi-threading/multi-processing, network programming, robotic systems would be strongly desired.
- DI2E, UE4 knowledge a big plus.
This position requires education verification and requires the candidates to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.