An Identity & Access Management (IdAM) program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Software Engineer to provide technical expertise and functional management and leadership support as a Software Engineering Manager for a mission critical enterprise system in Chantilly. An ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLY level clearance is REQUIRED to be considered.
Successful candidate will provide scrum master and functional management support within a SAFe agile software development environment. The candidate should have a background in hands on software development or leading software development teams in an Agile execution construct. Experience as a scrum master, product owner, and/or release train engineer will be significantly beneficial in this role. Additionally hands on software development experience and knowledge with java based applications and a solid understanding of application integration with Free and Open Source (FOSS), and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) products (specifically Oracle IdAM product suite) will be a tremendous asset.
- Work closely with recruiting team to staff current program openings for the team
- Onboard new program team members, ensuring they are brought up to speed with the scope of the program
- Execute all performance assessment, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions for the team members under purview
- Collaborate with subcontractor team members' leadership for staffing needs and to provide individual teammate performance feedback
- Update corporate tools related to personnel staffing and functional needs
- Plan and allocate resources across program task orders for financial reporting
- Manage personnel on the agile software development teams
- Oversee training across the agile team members
- Perform as a scrum master for multiple agile teams
- Remove impediments for developers and facilitate cross team coordination when assistance and/or resources are needed
- Facilitate creativity across the teams and identify ways to improve efficiency
- Work closely with product owner to ensure stories are fully defined and have valid acceptance criteria
- Assist product owner with grooming the backlog in preparation for the next sprint
- Facilitate daily scrums, sprint planning meetings, retrospectives, and demos
- Analyze agile metrics and present to agile teams
- Coordinate team progress with release train engineer and development lead
- TS/SCI w Poly REQUIRED to be considered
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience supervising or leading teams
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Understand the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Leadership experience; at a minimum experience leading a team of 3-4 people
- Understanding and background in COTS integration and custom code development
- Familiar with program tools (JIRA, BitBucket, Confluence)
- Agile development experience
- Experience managing personnel in an agile development environment
- Experience as a scrum master, product owner, and/or release train engineer
- IdAM domain knowledge and/or experience, especially familiarity with Oracle IdAM products (OID, OVD, OUD, OIF, OAM, OES, OIM)
'External Referral Eligible'