Software Project Manager
The Intersect Group is seeking a Software Project Manager for one of their clients in the Atlanta area!
- Responsible for delivering and managing quality projects
- Design, monitor and create project plans and align resources
- Continually communicate the current state and future state of all parts of the plan
- Provide guidance to the team on traditional project management & governanace
- Be a project manager and own project planning (agile), resource & capacity planning, estimation management, communication plans and roll-up summaries
- Remove roadbloacks reported by the team, which could require cross-team collaboration and or escalation, possibly up to executive management
- Maintain and publish project plans, metrics, resource plans, quality metrics, etc.
- Measure and improve team productivity
- Communicate and ensure all stakeholders are informed of schedules and timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations and all other information necessary or requested
- Support an open, learning, and progressive environment to allow the team's exploration of new solutions
- Ability to present to various audiences
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deliver a message and summarize information appropriately for various layers of management
- Stong MS Project skills - ability to link dependent tasks, resource usage, etc.
- Ability to think logically for interpreting, analyzing, and discussing end user needs to evaluate appropriate options and identify solutions
- Ability to work and communicate with clients, third party system vendors and other departments in an effective and positive manner
- Skills to develop relationships with clients that will instill confidence in the implementation methodology and trust in the implementations teams that are assigned to those projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, make decisions and work independently
- Strong penchant for creating written documentation to support decisions
- Resourcefulness and ability to take the initiative in development and completion of work projects
- Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
- BS/BA Degree in related field
- At least 4 years of experience managing technical projects
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong background in continous risk management & mitigation
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format to Please reference job code 69529 when responding to this ad.