Aligned with the business users and responsible for conducting User Acceptance Testing, evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to established guidelines. Additionally, the candidate provides assessments of overall software quality based on established guidelines, industry best practices, and agency policy. Software evaluated may be internally developed, commercially available products or customized products. Internal development projects may be managed and executed as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum or combinations and variations thereof.
- Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines.
- Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagrams, and flow charts, to determine if program will perform according to user requirements and conform to guidelines.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.
- May evaluate proposed software or software enhancement for feasibility.
- May recommend and use utility programs, queries or scripts to test, track, and verify defects in software programs.
- May train software program users
Specific Skills Required:
- Four years plus of software quality assurance experience
- Experience using test execution and management tools, e.g. MS DevOps, JIRA.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.