We are looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join a team working on motor controllers for military and commercial applications! Ideal candidates will have experience with DO-178C and recent quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Work closely with software engineering team and is involved in tasks that include software design review, codes review, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process to ensure full compliance throughout software development life cycle.
- Monitor and analyze software problem reports or bug reports and collaborate with software engineering team to resolve software bugs.
- Review product requirements and specifications in order to foresee potential issues, provide input of functional or process requirements and may advice on design.
- Other duties include making suggestions to improve testing strategies, as well as utilizing databases to create reports and presentations on any defects.
- Technical writing skills that include software plans and standards.
- Review software plans and related documents to ensure compliance.
- Identifies and drives process improvement initiatives to completion related to software quality assurance processes.
- Performs internal and/or supplier audits on software product, process, and system to verify effectiveness and
- validate corrective actions that were taken per industry standard and customer requirements.
- Host 3rd party Software audit with customers or regulatory bodies.
- Review software quality requirements of contracts, PO's, and amendments to awarded contracts, and identify any
- unique customer requirements for workmanship or traceability.
- Maintains all software quality records
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Software design, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Must have 5+ year's recent quality experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in aerospace industry with electronics background.
- DO-178 and NASA-STD-8739.8 experience highly preferred.
- AS9100D/ISO9001:2015 certified Lead Auditor required preferred but not required.
- Software process auditing experience required.
- Jira QA Software experience highly preferred.
- JAMA or DOORS experience highly preferred.
- 5+ years in leading and conducting Root Cause and Corrective Action is required.
- Experience with leading and conducting audits is required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.