Job Title: Software Quality Engineer (Dev Ops) - remote
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long Term
Contact Info: Ella Blank - EBlank@execu-search.com - 201-786-2414
This is a critical technical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing automated tests within an iteration.
- Work with the project team to drive Test Driven Development where modules that are being worked on are tested right away for immediate feedback
- Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
- Automation is NOT the only mechanism for quality. As an STE, you are expected to perform ad-hoc/exploratory tests from a feature as well as regression testing
- Significant understanding of complex coding frameworks and applications such as Java, Node, Mobile and OTT as well as devops concepts
- Ability to develop and execute Performance & Load Tests
- Close coordination with other team members to perform operational level testing as needed
- Understand and break down architectural designs to provide most efficient and comprehensive testing coverage.
- Investigate and report issues based on findings from logs and various AWS services.
Qualities / Experience We’re Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- API Testing using Java-Based Framework
- Performance Testing
- Some DevOps Experience
- AWS Experience
- 5+ years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (TestNG, Java, API Systems, Spring)
- 2+ years of experience as a test engineering within an Agile environment
- 5+ years of experience in a functional testing role
- 3+ years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
- 2+ years of Front-end testing experience (web, mobile, OTT)
- 2+ years Video Content Delivery Experience
- 3+ years of Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools (jMeter, Curl, WebPageTest or other commercial perf testing tool)