SSI Schaefer – A family owned company with a global reach.
For over 75 years, the combination of pioneering spirit and responsive market orientation has been the essential driving force behind the SCHAEFER Group success helping our customers to improve their supply chain, logistics, storage and distribution processes, and simply become better companies. These years of experience, direct involvement in the world’s marketplace, and intense cooperation with customers are the foundation for our expertise. Today, with 16 production plants and a worldwide distribution network, Schaefer is represented in over 50 countries. In April of 2013, SSI Schaefer was named the #1 worldwide materials handling systems supplier in Modern Materials Handling magazine.
Our products are so technologically advanced words don’t do them justice. Visit our YouTube page to see them in action. http://www.youtube.com/user/warehouselogistics. Search for ES3, picking robot, warehouse picking or automated storage.
We are currently seeking a Software Support Engineer (SSE) for our location in . The SSE provides technical support for automated material handling software systems and equipment in warehouses and distribution centers using an array of technical tools to perform complex troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Identifies and resolves issues with the Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and the Material Flow Systems (MFS).
- Identifies issues that are mechanical or logical in nature and escalates to the appropriate team for resolution.
- Designs, generates, and maintains reports detailing the daily operations of the systems.
- Analyzes system daily operation reports to track and identify opportunities for continued improvement.
- Designs test scenarios to identify system issues.
- Trains internal and external customers to increase system knowledge, resolve issues and prevent issues from recurring.
- Updates help-desk ticketing system to track, monitor and resolve issues.
- Creates documentation and training materials for system users and system service & maintenance.
- Participates in customer and internal meetings.
- Work as part of an international team to ensure maximum system uptime and performance.