Solutions Point is recruiting for a Software Support Manager position for a client of ours located on the Plaza, Kansas City, Mo. Looking for someone with Lead/Mgt experience and a strong SQL Server / Microsoft stack background. This is going to be six month contract for hire opportunity. Conversion salary range 100k to 125k base salary with good benefits. Conversion salary will be negotiated prior to accepting the contract to insure a successful conversion.
This role is focused on the management and execution of technical support activities for proprietary Business Intelligence solutions. These solutions leverage the Microsoft technology platform (SQL Server, SSRS) as well as the Microsoft C#/.NET platform. The position requires a broad business perspective and a willingness to step into multiple roles.
- Manage support activities to accurate and timely execution.
- Manage Technical Support Developers from an HR perspective.
- Act as interface between Operational staff and Development Senior staff.
- Participate primarily in Technical support activities with some possible mix of new development as business needs arise. Career progression path to new development team within 1-2 years, depending upon business need and candidate performance.
- Analyze client data for possible ETL issues. Perform ad-hoc queries in support of data analysis.
- Develop and fix applications for financial data analysis platform. Experience with the Microsoft .NET platform is required. Focus is on excellent SQL Database coding skills within the Microsoft SQL server environment.
- Debug and fix Microsoft SQL server stored procedures along with Microsoft C# .net desktop applications.
The qualified candidate(s) would have significant experience developing and/or supporting the implementation of Business Intelligence solutions and using Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft C# .NET based Technologies. Additionally, the qualified candidate will have a strong ability to quickly learn new technology.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a lead / management role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems (or equivalent) or five or more years of work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Analytic and Database programming positions using either MS-SQL or Oracle databases, with at least 1 year of Microsoft T-SQL experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of practical experience developing or performing technical support for solutions built on the Microsoft .Net (C#) platform.
• A minimum of 1 years building ETL solutions, dealing with a multitude of Data transformation issues.
• Experience with Microsoft Design Patterns, and/or Agile methodologies is a plus.
• Advanced Analytical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
• Strong SQL skills experience in writing and supporting ad-hoc queries and Stored Procedures.
• Well versed with object-oriented principles and aware of design patterns.
• Good understanding of Data Modeling concepts, Data relationships.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with proven ability to quickly identify and address root cause.
• Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio.
• Experience with one or more components of the software development lifecycle of analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance/support, configuration management, and release management.
- Proven development skills with Microsoft SQL Server, with a minimum of 2 years work experience developing MS-SQL based solutions.
- Well versed with relational database design.
- Experience writing complex and efficient T-SQL queries/stored procedures.
- Ability to read execution plans and work with Database Administrators to debug SQL performance issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work with SQL Server Management Studio.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing or leading Technical support or new development staff.
- Experience analyzing data in multiple formats for purposes of designing of correcting ETL programs.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with performance tuning experience preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Design Patterns.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies is a plus.
- Knowledgeable on industry ETL technologies. Knowledge of SSIS is a plus.
- Experience in advanced reporting and dashboards.
- Experience building Microsoft Winform or WPF desktop applications is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft VSTS and/or TFS (Team Foundation Server).
- Experience with banking or financial system data is a plus.
$100,000.00 - $125,000.00 /Year
IT & Technical