Aerotek is currently looking for a Software Engineer at their Columbus, OH headquarters for a long term opportunity with a growing Software company.
- Provide customer support to help assist with operational and system issues
- Participate in after-hours on-call support rotation
- Up to 20% travel to support customer implementations
- Take responsibility for multiple tasks in multiple projects simultaneously
- Review existing code and make required modifications
- Submit all designs and code modifications for peer review - Write, maintain and execute test plans *Systems are 70-80% platform based (standard model) and 20-30% client customization with added features
*Candidates will be doing remote diagnosis and working with customers over the phone more than in person
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or 2 years of equivalent work experience
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience designing software applications
- Familiar with distributed systems
- Prefer experience with C and Python development
- MOST IMPORTANT ATTRIBUTES THEY ARE LOOKING FOR IN ORDER: 1. Experience troubleshooting and problem solving 2. Customer service-friendly personality 3. Bachelor's degree in a related field 4. General familiarity with Linux 5. Understand MySQL queries
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.