This contract position is with one of our Direct clients. Please send your resumes to msundaram(at)divihn(dot)com or call Murali at 630 847 0275. Title: Software Technician II Duration: 1-year contract Location: Corning, NY
100% onsite is expected. However, due to COVID, there may be some remote work in the beginning of this role. It is expected though, that 100% onsite is needed. This is a non-exempt role.
- Encompasses the computer science discipline which involves technological and operating principles contained in all aspects of written computer data, such as programs or routines essential to the operation of computers, including operating systems, databases, compilers, computer networks, algorithms, and Internet-related tools.
- Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software programs.
- Develops software tools including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and internet-related tools, etc.
- Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
- Sound knowledge of the job and a substantial acquaintance with the general aspects of the job.
- Intermediate level of technical understanding.
- Implements standard procedures and proposes intermediate level modifications to improve workflow.
- Still generally obtains input to solve more complex problems.
- Works under general site supervision.
- Able to gather information independently using established and defined procedures.
- Able to train new employees to established procedures.
- Takes initiative in the area of continuous improvement.
- Uses some discretion.
- Contacts are typically within the organization.
- May occasionally have contacts with others outside of the organization to seek clarity or ask for interpretation.
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.