The Senior Software Test Engineer is a key position in the bio-devices development process for the animal health industry. This position is responsible for the development and execution of software test processes and protocols and reporting and summarizing results from testing bio-devices. The Senior Software Test Engineer will be responsible for supporting existing software testing and the development of new software test methodologies.
The Senior Software Test Engineer will be capable of directing software test activities and working independently to develop software requirements, complete protocol execution, and compile test summary reports. The role involves working in close collaboration with Software Development, Hardware Engineering, Product Reliability, and BioProcess Sciences under the direction of Engineering Management. The person in this role will often guide other colleagues' activities during a project, but no formal supervisory responsibilities are attached to the job. This position may also require software development to support test systems internally developed for the electro-mechanical reliability program.
The Senior Software Test Engineer has a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Providing influence to develop a culture of data-driven testing and development with a software stability mindset, given high-level direction.
- Participating in system engineering for complex software systems to validate hardware and software interactions.
- Writing and collaborating on testable, well-written software requirements.
- Proficiency in the use of a software requirements management tool.
- Providing software test engineering leadership for multiple test projects, including new products from design concept to full production.
- Performing software troubleshooting for internal test systems and existing bio-devices.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining test cases in support of functional, system, and regression testing activities.
- Developing trace matrices to map software requirements to test results.
- Providing detailed test/analysis results in written reporting format for engineering audiences.
- Extensive interaction with software development and engineering groups in test design, analysis, and other technical requirements.
- Initiating justification and implementation of new test methodologies and technology.
- Assisting in developing hardware test systems using system-level controls SW and external code to facilitate performance and HALT (Highly Accelerated Life Testing) test systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 years (8-10 years preferred) demonstrated software testing experience in an embedded systems environment with an emphasis on automated systems.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and implementing software test plans and test systems for embedded devices (electro-mechanical devices is highly preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency with software requirements management tools such as JAMA, DOORS, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and its respective phases.
- LabVIEW development experience is highly desired.
- Experience testing PLC, HMI, or other industrial control software is highly desired.
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
The candidate will work mostly at the Durham site either in an office environment or a development lab environment. Travel to customer facilities will be required. Less than 10% travel required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.