Join a Fortune 500 medical device company seeking a qualified software test engineer! This role will be working with a team of 10 performing R&D software verification testing. Solid understanding the QA process and SDLC. Manual behavioral functional testing is a must. Some experience with UI automation using TestComplete.
Testing included in the role:
Behavioral testing - software requirement specs
UI testing - navigate and simplify the application
Middleware - graphics
Client server application
Embedded app for macs
Ad hoc, functional
Grey and white box is a plus, not a requirement
The role includes some sitting in the lab and testing the functionality of the actual device as well as simulators. It is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, the company serves people in more than 150 countries and employs more than 103,000 people.
The Software Test Engineer will be a part of the Hematology's Software Engineering organization, supporting the software verification process by creating and executing manual or automation test protocols. They will also support development software releases by performing acceptance testing, logging defects, and providing recommendations on build readiness.
Core Job Responsibilities
* Work with test leads and software developers to ensure quality processes are integrated throughout an iterative and fast-paced development environment
* Write, dry run, approve, and execute software verification test protocols for manual test cases
* Create logical, detailed and optimized test designs for software features and functions
* Maintain traceability of requirements to protocols.
* Estimate and plan and for meeting deliverables using project management tools.
* Review and provide feedback on testability of software requirements
* Isolate, characterize and log new software defects with detailed defect reports
* Verify and close resolved software defects
Qualifications and Experience
* 3+ years experience in software testing preferred
* BS in CS or other Engineering degrees strongly preferred
* Experience testing software for medical devices or in a regulated industry (e.g. FDA, Aerospace, Defense) strongly preferred
* Comfortable with software test management software tool like HP Quality Center, Requirements Management software (e.g. DOORS), and Defect Tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
* Experience with Scrum/Agile software development methodologies desired
* Experience testing Embedded software on both Windows and Linux platforms is a strong plus
* Technical leader and exemplar of testing best practices for manual testing methodologies
* Highly analytical with an acumen for problem solving and troubleshooting of complex systems.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Creativity in test design and finding bugs
* Passionate about product quality
* Highly detail oriented and accurate
* Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment and in a laboratory setting
Significant Work Activities and Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday), may need to wear PPE and work in a laboratory setting with bio-specimens.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.