The successful candidate will assist the 53d Electronic Warfare Group (53 EWG), 53d Wing, at Eglin AFB, Florida.
Essential Job Functions:
The 53 EWG is the technical focal point for all electronic warfare (EW) support of warfighter systems for the Combat Air Forces (CAF).
The mission of the 53 EWG is to develop and test mission data (MD) to defeat enemy radar and infrared guided missile systems, thus enhancing aircrew and aircraft survivability in combat.
This mission includes developmental & operational EW testing, MD development/validation/verification, force development evaluation execution and facilitating foreign materiel exploitation.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities associated with this position include:
- Applicable knowledge of EW and the electromagnetic (EM) spectrum, computer software, threat warning, radio frequency (RF) jammers, electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) jammers, expendables, threat analysis, foreign/US/radar/weapon systems, airborne EW computer software, avionics, systems integration, electronics engineering concepts, principles and practices applicable to a broad range of engineering assignments.
- Knowledge of DOD test and evaluation methodologies.
- Skill in the application of engineering expertise specific to electronic warfare systems theory and equipment operation specific to radar, radar warning receivers, missile warning systems, active countermeasures, RF and IR expendable systems, fundamentals of aircraft avionics, and systems integration to assist teams in designing and conducting comprehensive studies, and developing solutions to problems.
- Skill in managing and applying engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to a broad range of engineering assignments.
- Develop and maintain software tools and features to assist in automated testing.
- Interface with test teams to understand testing requirements, and implement required test tools and tests scripts.
- Analytical with the ability to produce creative and effective software solutions to problems.
- Strong communication skills
The successful candidate will be part of the Test Automation and Tools Development team involved in the delivery of SW solutions for test analysis.
You will develop and maintain automated test tools, test frameworks, test scripts, and build systems.
They maintain the software tools required for day-to-day activities for MD development and laboratory testing.
The successful candidate will be required to travel.
Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field is required.
Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance within 6-9 months.
Demonstrated ability to recognize and analyze problems, conduct research, summarize results, and make appropriate recommendations.
Experience with C++, Java, Python, and GUIs.
Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Applicants must have a working knowledge of computer systems and an understanding of Windows-based personal computers and Microsoft Office software and possess the ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.