BioTelemetry Technology, a BioTelemetry Company, (NASDAQ: BEAT) provides medical devices and software for real-time remote heart monitoring and analysis using our own innovative solutions. Come join our team and have a direct and positive impact on the lives of people every day! We want YOU to help us create the future of medical devices with the industry leader!
We are looking for a highly energetic and motivated Software Tools Engineer. The Tools Engineer has the exciting opportunity to have a significant impact to the Company. We are looking for an experienced and driven engineer to create, innovate, maintain and support our Engineering tools and related technologies, including the administration of our tools as well as build and release management automation. The Tools Engineer will also support our ongoing efforts to adapt and maintain automated testing technologies and work closely with our automation team.
The successful candidate will have a unique blend of technical knowledge and exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. This role includes driving process improvements, establishing new standards, setting up, adapting, upgrading and maintaining the tools and technologies used in the Technology organization.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a system-level focus while understanding the impact of every component, and will also have broad knowledge of and exposure to infrastructure technology, development, CI/CD, build, deployment automation tools and best practices.
- Initially responsible for:
- evaluating the current environment;
- gathering, defining and clarifying needs;
- participating in definition and revision of standards and best practices;
- tools project management;
- managing a technical backlog of work to incrementally implement change that aligns with integration and business workflow automation objectives.
- Responsible for supporting automated testing needs and related tools.
- Responsible for administration of operating systems, tools, applications and dependency management.
- Responsible for administering, supporting and upgrading tools such as JIRA, Confluence, JAMA, test case management systems such as TestComplete, QA Complete, TestTrack, Track+, source control systems, and related technologies.
- Responsible for automating the migration of release packages from environment to environment or the ability to perform this task manually.
- Responsible for working with the appropriate team(s) to design an audit process to determine the integrity of the release package baseline and the ability to initiate and lead an audit to determine its integrity.
- Responsible for writing appropriate cutover notifications of the new release and to update the Release Note of the contents of final package deliverables when needed.
- Responsible for working as a member of an Agile Scrum team delivering high quality software in two week sprints.