Job Title: Software Test Engineer
Location: Englewood, CO
Job Type: 3-Month Contract
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for one or more service areas and will be expected to have the technical expertise as well as the necessary people skills to implement and effectively manage the manual, automated and performance tests in a hands-on capacity.
- Contribute to the manual functional testing and be responsible for creating test plans/test strategy, writing test cases, execution the test cases, creating test reports and managing defects.
- Deployment of code, maintenance of test environment and facilitating test data set up.
- Design, develop and execute tests and report results. This includes mainly backend web-service based testing.
- Create test plans from scenarios, which may include conceptualizing functional requirements.
- Work closely with analysts/developers to certify that a system meets functional requirements.
- Participate in reviews and audits of product requirements, specifications, designs, code, and test plans related to the SDLC.
- Design and develop a reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation framework using open source tools from the ground up.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
The successful Test Engineer will have:
- BS Degree and 3 years of Software Test Engineering experience, or Masters and 2 years of Software Test Engineering experience, or comparable amount of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with some or all phases of testing: Functional, Regression, Integration and Performance Testing.
- At least 2 years of experience writing test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test case and documentation and interpretation of test results.
- At least 6 months of experience with relational database including writing complex SQL queries.
- At least 6 months experience working with Linux systems and well versed with UNIX commands.
- At least 6 months of experience with ReST based web-services and XML (including classroom experience).
- At least 6 months of experience in designing and maintaining automation frameworks
- At least 6 months experience with performance testing of web-services.
- At least 6 months of development experience in object-oriented programming language, preferably Java.
- At least 2 years of experience with defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle.
- MySQL database experience preferred.
- 2 years or more experience in Performance Testing (UI and Backend) of high-volume, customer-facing applications.
- Experience with Docker and ELK Stack.
- Application development and debugging using Integrated Development Environment (IDE) tools (Eclipse)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!