Developing capabilities to transition the deployed and operational system from Oracle Solaris 10 to RedHat Enterprise Linux 7.5. Responsibilities for the team include Archive generation (Full and Incremental) processing, System Upgrade, Remove and Replace, Jump, OS tuning and the removable media interface (tape, DVD/CD, USB). In addition, the following migration tasks are planned:
* Upgrade the customized Window Manager (FVWM) to support RedHat 7 Linux.
* Integrate custom graphics drivers
* Migrate to RedHat 7 Linux Auditing to replace Solaris Basic Security Mode (BSM) Auditing.
* Migration of existing jumpstart packages to RPMs.
* Migrate system scripts from Solaris to RedHat 7 Linux
Looking for candidates with skills and competencies in the following domains:
* System Administration of Solaris 10 and RedHat Linux x86 systems
* Migration from Solaris 10 to RedHat 7
- Must have a minimum of 6+ years of system administration experience with Oracle Solaris 10 x86 and RedHat Linux system administration.
- Must be a creative developer, self-starter, and good communicator that can thrive in a collaborative team environment using the latest Agile practices and tools along with software development processes: Solaris 10 x86: Administration, management and customization
- Flash Archive development * Network boot (PXE) RedHat Linux 7 * Administration, management and customization
- Dual Boot configuration with Linux / Solaris * Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Network Time Protocol (NTP) configuration * Network book (PXE)
- Disk partitioning, advanced sector manipulation, zfs * SE Linux management General
- Able to obtain FAA required Certificate of Public Trust [online SF85 form] with finger prints
- Shell scripting (csh, ksh, bash, some perl) * Practical experience with Agile/scrum, continuous integration and automated test frameworks
- Experience integrating software (modules, components, subsystems) and conducting system/software integration and testing of software products
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills * Strong team-player * Ability to coordinate with product and multi-discipline functional teams
- Experience dealing diplomatically with program issues while solving difficult technical problems
Required Education: Bachelor's degree from accredited US college.
Desired Skills: Desired skills include 7+ years of experiencing managing Solaris and RedHat Linux operating systems.