Solution Architect Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for a Solution Architect to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area. This role will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the design, documentation and review of technology solutions that meet the business and IT needs of the organization. This individual will also be responsible for providing technical leadership for projects and will be accountable for the end-to-end solution delivery. Additionally, this individual will be the focal and escalation point for all technical and technical delivery issues on the effort. This individual will be assigned to projects across multiple lines of business to provide leadership and be the primary accountable person for the design and delivery of the solution for the business initiative.
- Responsible for the architectural design and compliance of solutions
- Leverage the current technology portfolio, enterprise architectural standards and established patterns to create solution designs that deliver the required business capabilities.
- Collaborate with other architects, developers and engineers to create synergies and drive technology reuse within and across projects.
- Approval of detailed technical designs and vendor technical designs to
- Ensure the adherence to enterprise standards
- Reduce complexity
- Increase reusability
- Drives down costs and complexity by using enterprise standards
- Designs solutions that meet the best interest of multiple stakeholders including those of the project and enterprise level
- Designs solutions that leverage enterprise tools and have reusable components and services
- Works with business users to reduce technical complexity introduced by business requirements
- Ensures designs meet business requirements
- Provide recommendations that yield efficiencies in technology support costs and improve performance while meeting customer requirements.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to less experienced associates.
- Translate highly technical problems in a manner that can be understood in business terms to a variety of audiences including project managers and business executives.
- Present recommendations and solutions clearly and concisely and is able to focus on key points to portray the intended message or purpose.
- Driving desired outcomes and decisions through trust and influence.
Technology Leadership Responsibilities:
- Acts as the lead Technology Services representative in the delivery of technology solutions
- Provides overall technical leadership and directs teams in the delivery of technology solutions.
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Portfolio Managers and technical stakeholders to deliver on the following responsibilities for end-to-end technical delivery:
- Ensures the realization of the solution architecture, making sure it is operable & cost-effective
- Leads and drives progress on all technical delivery aspects
- Helps identify all required roles and technology resources
- Ensures the assembly of the required technical teams
- Leads identification of technical tasks and milestones
- Ensures technical requirements are delivered with quality and completeness
- Drives creation of financial estimates for all phases including TCO
- Partners with PM to ensures a successful release to production including transition activities
- Assesses risks, anticipates bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and collaborates to drive toward mutually beneficial outcomes
- Drives to effectively resolve and provide awareness for technical issues and risks
- Manages the partner relationship to ensure delivery of technical work done by 3rd party partners or vendors.
- Provides feedback on performance of internal technical team members to their leaders
- Must possess broad understanding of technology and business operations and is able to provide holistic solutions to business problems or requirements.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of software design, application integration and data integration.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing canonical data models, SOA, messaging and transformation patterns.
- Understands the complexities of networks, database, systems, security practices and other infrastructure components in an IT environment.
- Understands the complexities of DevOps and its best practices as it relates to software and integration design
- Understands IT security and governance best practices as it relates to software and infrastructure design.
- Understands security methods such as ADFS, SAML or OAuth.
- Current knowledge of industry best practices for software architecture.
- Strong leadership, confidence, verbal and influencing skills.
- Strong oral communication, written and presentation skills. Demonstrate the ability to present complex technical information, in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, in large and small groups.
- Strong organization, facilitation, analytical and deductive reasoning skills. Capable of thinking through problems in a systematic and logical manner in order to produce solutions.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- High level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems and overcome complex challenges.
- Proven analysis skills and ability to conduct research for data and business logic issues as required.
- Proven innovative thought process and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and standards is a plus.
- Experience in mobile development and/or design is a plus.
- Experience in cloud architecture is a strong plus.
- Knowledge or certification in TOGAF is a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree or at least 8 years of equivalent professional experience.
- Ideal candidate has either automotive, distribution and/or warehousing experience OR experience in financial lending and loan institutions.
- Organization and Project Management
- Leadership Capabilities
- Possess strong technical and SDLC experience
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Coaching and Influencing
- Excellent communication
- Strong vendor relationship management skills
Desired Tool Stack:
- Scripting/Programming Languages - .Net, C#, PHP, Python, Java, Node.js, jQuery
- Communication Methods/Protocols - HTTP, TCP/IP, SFTP, SSH, FTP, SMTP
- Middleware - RabbitMQ, Biztalk, Mulesoft, DataPower
- Messaging Services - SOAP / REST, XML, JSON, EDI
- Relational DB - SQL Server 2005+, MySQL 4+, Oracle, Teradata, UI, USP.Net, Angular, React
- NoSQL- MongoDB, MapReduce Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure
- Version Control Repositories - GitHub, Visual Studio
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.