Solution Center Technician I
Location: Greenville, SC
Position Summary: The role of the Solutions Center Technician I is to perform Tier I information technology related help desk duties by providing over the phone support in a 24/7 environment for Epsilon's internal staff and external customers.
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Create service desk tickets utilizing ConnectWise Manage ticketing software and ensure proper ticket escalation and resolution
- Install and maintain networks, systems, field services, and/or telephony as directed.
- Install and maintain the following products as directed: Cisco, Security, Servers, Small Business Servers, OpenDNS, SonicWall, ESET, Desktop, TDM, Video Teleconferencing, and others.
- Provide technical support via in person, over the phone, and/or via email, where appropriate.
- Implement solutions based upon client needs by ensuring that all hardware and software work properly; assemble hardware and install or delete software.
- Troubleshoot client computer equipment, ensuring it runs correctly, and recover any lost or accidentally deleted data when possible.
- Monitor systems and network to ensure proper management of information technology.
- Meet customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Use documentation within the Epsilon knowledge base to assist customers. Also, work with team members to establish and maintain customer documentation.
- Escalate process and policy issues as needed.
- Other work duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree or Associate Degree in Information Technology or related field is desired OR High School Diploma and relevant Information Technology certification(s)/training/years of experience in place of degree
- 0-1 years’ Information Technology experience
- Must have the ability to obtain one of the following certifications within 90 days of hire: CompTIA Network+ CE, CompTIA Security+ CE, CySA+ CE, CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC or SSCP
- Will be subject to a Federal Government Background Investigation in order to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Application support experience desired.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws desired.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
- The ideal candidate will have flexibility with hours – Shifts vary – 1st and 2nd shift options.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, database management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate with customers over the phone in a pleasant and helpful manor in high stress situations
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.