View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Solution Center Technician Mid
Location: Weaverville, NC
Position Summary: The role of the Solutions Center Technician is to perform IT- related help desk duties in a call center environment for Epsilon's internal staff and external customers.
- Analyzes and resolves network hardware, software, and communications problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
- Follows-through on projects and service calls throughout their lifecycle.
- Installs and maintains networks, systems, field services, and/or telephony as directed
- Installs and maintains the following products as directed: Cisco, Security, Servers, Small Business Servers, AVG Managed Workplace, Desktop, TDM, Video Teleconferencing, and others.
- Provide support via face-to-face contact, telephone, or email, where appropriate.
- Implement solutions based upon client needs by ensuring that all hardware and software work properly; assemble hardware and install or delete software.
- Troubleshoot client computer equipment, ensuring it runs correctly, and recover any lost or accidentally deleted data when possible.
- Monitor systems and network to ensure proper management of information technology.
- Meet customer needs and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Follow through on ticket lifecycle and escalation.
- Provide documentation with regards to Epsilon s knowledge base and the creation and maintenance of customer documentation.
- Escalate process and policy issues as needed.
- Local travel to customer locations.
- Other work duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- Associates Degree or higher in Computer Science or similar field of study is desired.
- One of the following certifications are required within six months of Hire: CompTIA Security+ Ce, Network+ CE or Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- 1+ years' experience in a similar position.
- Experience with Active Directory is strongly desired
- Experience with a Help Desk Ticketing System (like AutoTask, Remedy, Etc.) is desired
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Application support experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, database management
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.