Hargray’ s Mission – To Envision and deliver customer delight
Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you motivated to learn and connect people with cutting edge technology? Do you go the extra mile to provide customer delight?
At Hargray Fiber our Sales team is looking for an in-house solutions engineer who will be responsible for providing all the necessary pre and post-sales technical support to the direct sales organization in order to grow and maintain revenues, as well as to pull high margin custom applications through the appropriate sales channels. This team member will also be the gateway for the market intelligence on changing customer needs in the marketplace as well as solutions using the new and emerging technology to accommodate those needs
We aren’t for everyone, so if you enjoy the status-quo or if you aren’t ready to challenge and motivate yourself- well we will be here when you are. But if you are ready to use your talents in a team environment-don’t delay, apply NOW!
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Provides pre and post-sales solution engineering support to the sales team for complex, technical and integrated designs & solutions.
- Works closely with account executives, sales engineers, vendors, operations, construction and engineering departments on designing, crafting and delivering the best possible solutions.
- Creates and manages cost estimates and designs through the use of internal tools.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, owners, and contractors on estimates.
- Works on network and premise designs and crafting solutions based on customer needs and applications. This would include pricing strategies and technical service assurance.
- Supports the sales & sales engineering team with technical assistance answering RFP requirements and designing customer presentations.
- Documents and maintains records of all the current and past projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the Sales Engineering Department.
Minimum Qualifications: -
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years’ experience in voice/data/video communications services
- 2 or more years of engineering and technical account management experience
- In-Depth knowledge of LAN / WAN technologies and a thorough knowledge if IP Based Networks and Router technologies
- A broad knowledge of Centrex / ISDN / Data Networks / Frame Relay / IPVPN / VoIP / Internet / Ethernet / ATM and SONET technologies / Wi-Fi technologies
- Familiar with various Inside Plant (ISP) and Outside Plant (OSP) construction methods including:
- Structured cabling and wiring methods such as building conduit and riser cabling.
- Design, analysis, and recommendations relative to CAT 5, 5e, CAT 6, copper, fiber-optic, and coaxial cable installations.
- Aerial, directional boring, backhoe, trenching, and plowing operations.
- A developing understanding of emerging technologies
- Knowledge of PC based applications
- Project Management ability
- Skill in documenting systems and procedures
- Good customer focus and ability to work with and meet business users’ requirements with a consultative approach
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative to proactively solve problems
- Strong interpersonal interaction skills such as partnering, conflict management, consulting and mentoring
- Effective verbal and written communication skills