Job Description: Solutions System Engineer
Job Type: 6-12 Month Contract
Location: REMOTE- Clients sits in Westminster, CO
- Qualified Candidates must be local to CO
All Qualified Candidates must be authorized to work in the US under a w2 and with no present or future visa sponsorship requirements
Our client is a space technology company headquartered in Westminster, Colorado, United States, specializing in manufacturing communication, Earth observation, radar, and on-orbit servicing satellites, satellite products, and related services is seeking a Solutions Systems Engineer to Serve in a technical role for the design, implementation and integration of our next generation Direct Access Ground Systems. They will oversee the management of component/service-level requirements and traceability to design documentation, test cases, and operational training material and lead design sessions with component SMEs and collaboratively work across the organization to define and implement the resulting designs.
If you or anyone you know would be interested in learning more please reach out or apply with your current resume!
- Work directly with other systems engineers, program managers, product owners, developers, testers and customers to define features and generate optimal system designs.
- Create system-level design artifacts with an ability to define and manage requirements in the context of these artifacts.
- Lead development of as-built models and design documents for software components to ensure all documentation is current.
- Support integration, test and troubleshooting of Direct Access Ground Systems and DAP components.
- Support DAP operations by providing engineering support, isolating problems, and defining solutions.
- Manage stakeholder expectations to ensure realistic deliverables and then exceed those expectations.
- Collaborate with other systems engineers, and make contributions to the enterprise vision, engineering processes, and overall architecture roadmap.
- Participate in design sessions with internal and external stakeholders from back-end processing to user interfaces.
- Support new business development by providing engineering analyses, and technical solution support for proposals or existing DAP contracts.
- Keep up to date on current industry trends and key software and technology providers to evaluate their potential fit with the DAP system architecture.
- Team player ability to work across multiple functional organizations to develop and implement solutions.
- Hands on person capable of understanding the scope of the system and decisive in making engineering judgments for appropriate solutions to engineering problems.
- Five years' experience in satellite ground system systems engineering or ten years' experience in software system engineering functions.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or computer science field.
- Knowledge of multiple development methodologies (Waterfall, Spiral, Scrum/Agile)
- Working knowledge of Agile development principles and best practices.
- Capable of reviewing engineering designs and providing feedback on those designs.
- Ability to grasp and contribute to system solutions that will meet the needs of customers.
- Ability to clearly document technical solutions.
- Ability to work methodically to identify issues and develop solutions.
- Strong understanding of satellite ground system equipment, software and systems.
- Able to provide support and issue priorities to system developers.
- Ability to develop and promote detailed system requirements and rigorous test requirements.
- Ability to understand system level concepts and grasp the details of the interaction between components in the system.
- Provide support for the development of technical proposals to customers.
- Understand computer systems and architectures which include both windows and Linux OS environments.
- Strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills, which include customer communication and technical writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills, understanding of international cultures.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- US citizen and has the ability to obtain a US security clearance.
- Service Oriented Architecture experience is a plus
- Software development experience is a plus
- Experienced with Model-Based System Engineering practices, SysML, modeling system state transitions, data flows, etc., and working with Enterprise Architect or similar framework is a plus
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!