LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Supply Chain is a customer-focused Center of Excellence providing industry-leading service while delivering differential value to the business, today and into the future. We separate our Supply Chain functions into several areas; these include logistics, customer fulfillment, services, trade compliance, and support for business processes and systems.
As a member of our dynamic Supply Chain team, you will play a critical role in helping us supply our products to a global customer base. In this individual contributor role, you will be responsible for leading the strategic sourcing process for either warehouse, export or truck operations. During a typical day, you will develop comprehensive programs for supplier selection, approval, and on-going performance management.
This position reports to the Commercial Logistics Manager and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage and lead the strategic sourcing process which includes supplier selection, approval, and on-going performance management.
- Act as a liaison and effectively manage relationships with internal business partners and external services providers.
- Lead execution of strategic sourcing initiatives while managing vendor performance to ensure alignment with business objectives and goals.
- Maintain relationships with vendors to ensure strong, productive, and honest interaction throughout the relationship/contract/agreement.
- Ensure accurate definition of technical requirements and maintain detailed knowledge of the market environment for truck transportation.
- Partner with IT and logistics operations to ensure systems to efficiently and effectively manage the total cost to serve.
- Communicate with internal business stakeholders supporting logistics solutions to meet customer needs and report shipping market changes.
- Provide ongoing support to Operations Specialists, Truck and Logistics Business Consultants to drive transportation safety, efficiency and on-going equipment needs.
- Align commercial strategy and operational practices with a broad range of business stakeholders and functional groups within the company.
- Establish and maintain key performance indicators (KPI) that ensure compliance, operations excellence, cost leadership and improvement initiatives.
- Lead change implementation for processes and system improvements or other logistics projects.
- Model LyondellBasell core competencies with internal and external stakeholders beginning to develop the skills necessary to contribute strategically.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years' experience in Supply Chain, logistics, and/or other purchasing experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Department of Transportation requirements and regulations, especially in the different modes of land transportation and/or movement of hazardous materials is preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent negotiating skills, good judgment & results orientation.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Commercial acumen and business understanding are required for this role.
- Demonstratable ability to perform in a fast-paced environment that requires rapid decision-making and task delegation with immediate impact on business results.
- This role is expected to travel and/or attend external events up to 20%.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in a manufacturing environment in a Technical or Business related position is preferred.
- The selected candidate must meet TSA qualifications for a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card.
- Able to maintain professionalism and prioritize multiple responsibilities concurrently in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required.
- Analytical skills and the ability to apply them to purchasing decisions.
- Composed in time-sensitive situations, comfortable delivering difficult news.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite and SAP (BI).
- Experience with ERP software such as SAP is desired.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Referral Bonus: $1,500.00
Nearest Major Market: Houston