LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Maintenance Machinery Specialist serves as a rotating equipment subject matter expert for the Lake Charles Complex. This position will ensure the safe, efficient and reliable execution of activities for Lake Charles site manufacturing units to satisfy customer requirements, manufacturing performance measures, regulatory agency requirements and community obligations.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Drives improvements in terms of diagnosis of problem, inspection, documentation, repair and startup of plant machinery
* Provides root - cause analysis and corrective action plans for poor performing equipment and systems
* Mentors technicians, develops and delivers required technical training and developing procedures to ensure compliance with Operational Excellence as well as recognized industry practices
* Assists in the skill assessment of maintenance technicians
* Develops long-term asset maintenance and reliability improvement programs and is an active member of the unit Reliability Improvement Team
* Champions the changes required to achieve site reliability improvement goals
* Performs quality assurance of shop and field work
* Reviews pending machinery notifications backlog and provides scope of work to machinery planning
* Repairs BOM's and sets up new material in SAP
* Supports site and company shutdowns and turnarounds
Area of Expertise, Requirements
* Excellent knowledge of pumps, compressors and turbines, their applications and limitations, as well as knowledge of applicable codes and standards is required
* Strong computer skills: SAP, Microsoft Word, and Excel
Education and Work Experience
* High School Diploma (or equivalent) with minimum of 10 years of rotating equipment related experience in the refining or petrochemical industry
* Or Associate's degree with 5 years of rotating equipment related experience in the refining or petrochemical industry
* Or B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
* Completion of a formal training program is preferred (Millwright, Industrial mechanic or Aviation Mechanic)
Languages English, additional language preferred
* Outstanding troubleshooting and decision-making skills to identify and implement corrective actions required
* Strong communication and demonstrated leadership skills are required to work with various levels of the organization and different departments
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles