LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Specification Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to LyondellBasell's North American APS businesses. This position is located in Lansing Michigan.
The successful candidate will work with appropriate internal organizations, 3rd party agencies and customers to define, approve and implement various types of product specification requirements.
Drive the improvement of processes and systems used to manage manufacturing and commercial product specifications, product quality practices and related information and data.
Lead reviews of commercial and manufacturing data assessing capability against market requirements to optimize risk and cost including management of change.Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead or influence the setting of specifications and steward change management. Update relevant product master data in appropriate business systems including specifications, formulations and commercial technical product information.
- Drive improvements to systems and procedures aimed at optimizing the management of specifications and product quality assurance. Work with the Information Technology organization to troubleshoot system breaks, consult on design and test SAP software enhancements.
- Lead product design reviews (including data mining and statistical analysis) of commercial and manufacturing specifications.
- Manage third party agency requirements including product listings, projects, reporting, sampling/testing and their impact on product specifications.
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, will consider candidates with 7+ years relevant qualifying experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of seven years of commercial or technical experience. Conversant with APS NA product offering, customer/OEM requirements, business operations, SAP, and PLM database.
- Critical Competencies/Behaviors: Personal drive, getting results/things done, data analysis, collaboration, influencing others, interpersonal communications.
- Skill: Strong numeric, analytical, Excel capability, communications and problem solving skills.
- Languages: Fluent in English.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lansing