This candidate will be responsible for many different customers. They will support many of the enterprise applications utilized. On a day to day basis they will be working as a DBA. They'll config, monitor, and install DBs. They will also work as a PM at time and participate in high level meetings with customers to understand their needs. They will be doing DB tuning and monitoring as well. This candidate also will need to be strong in writing SQL/Oracle queries.Skills:
Database Administrator, Admin, Install, Configuration, SQL, OracleAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
• Installs, maintains, and upgrades database software.
• Maintains development, test, and production DBMS environments.
• Monitors and manages database backups, logs, and journals and restores or recovers data as required.
• Design, develops and maintains high availability and disaster recovery strategies for database environments.
• Monitors and maintains database security.
• Monitors databases to optimize database performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases; addresses a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning issues, and new applications.
• Designs and develops databases in conjunction with application development teams.
• Provides advice to applications programmers in the effective use of database languages; advises on troubleshooting, exception processing needs, and other data management issues.
• Installs, maintains and upgrades application software.
• Evaluate and recommend testing and evaluation of new procedures, software, and hardware.
• Creates procedures and maintains various database, application and system related documents and programs such as utility scripts, manuals and programmers handbooks.
• Lead or participate in proof of concept initiatives as assigned.
• Leads/manages projects as assigned.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Provides 24 hour on-call support.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.