Title: Sr. & Jr Controls Engineer
Location: Sparta, MI
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Experience: 1 to 5+ years of experience
• Designs, develops, and supervises all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery.
• Implementation of projects from the concept, prototype, and production phase.
• Supports existing automated equipment globally.
Drives standards in programming and hardware while pushing for innovations and improvements
• Implementation of proven and newly developed automated equipment
• Lead controls designs (Controls requirements, Automation, Integration)
• Develop predictive maintenance indicators to increase reliability and reduce downtime – (CBM)
• Drive control standards and communicate suggested improvements
• Use control standards to develop requirements for automated cells
• Robust programming skills - goal is to support production and work on advancements in automation.
• Develop PFMECA with defined contingency plan and disaster recovery
• Experience with legacy PC programs - PC coding
• Willingness to travel globally – up to 50%
• Expert in (RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Balluff I/O link, and Fanuc robot programming).
• Ability to read and create electrical drawings
• Ability to create 2D layout in AutoCAD
• Knowledgeable in MS-Office and AutoCAD
• Must be a self-starter, team player, work well with others and have a positive attitude
• PC coding – preferred
• Must be a creative thinker, results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
• Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
• Understand and communicate applicable safety standards: general industry (OSHA 1910), machine guarding, robot safety (ANSI/RIA 15.06), automated vehicles, conveyor safety
• Completion of Risk Assessments on all automated equipment