Position: Sr. .NET Developer
Location: Everett, WA
Essential Job Functions:
• Requirements analysis: review non-technical user stories with the stakeholders.
• System Architecture: participate in technical design of new and updated functionality with our team, other Frontier teams, as well as external companies.
• Feature development: developing functionality across the full stack including database, services, system integration, and UI.
• Maintenance: investigate, troubleshoot, debug and implement fixes for software defects
• Testing: work closely with Quality Assurance and software development engineers to ensure that code is exercised in an automated way that ensures consistent quality.
• Dev ops functions: working with the operations team to support our deployment process.
• Documentation: support the sustainability of the systems by providing concise documentation about the applications and process.
• Mentoring: provide code reviews, training, and paired programming to other members of the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Degree in Computer Science and 3+ years of experience or 7+ years of experience
• Must be a self-starter, needing little direction and capable of working in a fast-paced development environment
• Service oriented architecture: Hands-on experience delivering high-scale SOA utilizing a micro-service strategy.
• Microsoft technologies: .net Framework, .net Core, C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web API, Entity Framework.
• Database technologies: experience building and querying Microsoft SQL and no-sql databases (specifically Mongo and Cassandra).
• Testing and/or automation frameworks: like nUnit, XUnit, Selenium, Jasmine, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• UX and mobile first responsive design.
• Strong experience and belief in writing clean code using current patterns and practices.
• Experience in an agile and scrum environment, working in cross functioning teams and writing and estimating user stories.
• Experience with Test Driven Development.
• Team player: willingness to pair programming, strong collaboration within the team as well as with external groups including other development teams, operations, QA, database teams, and business groups.
• Accountable and dependable to do what is needed to complete tasks, stories and sprints with a high level of quality and on time.
• Experience with a continuous integration environment
• Experience with git as a source control system
• Impact and Influence